TAKE NOTE IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE!
Investing in Equitable Music Education for Colorado Youth!
Take Note Colorado was launched in 2017 as a nonprofit organization with the mission of providing equitable music instruction and instruments to all Colorado youth (Grades K‑12). Take Note recognizes the power of music to engage students, foster self-expression and build connections.
To fulfill its mission, Take Note supports inclusive and innovative music education programs that focus on reaching students who lack these learning opportunities. As of September 2022, investment via partnerships and the Grant Program totals more than $700,000.
Take Note Colorado (TNC) provided nearly $300,000 in funding to 31 individuals or organizations throughout the state of Colorado via three grant rounds in 2020 and 2021. See full list of past grant recipients.
Plans are underway for the next Grant Program application round in 2022. Click here for more information on the Grant Program.
Take Note continues to maintain and develop partnerships that advance the mission of providing equitable access to music education for all youth in Colorado. To date, partnership investment totals nearly $200,000.
- Denver Arts & Venues: Grants via the Denver Music Advancement Fund for music education programs serving youth in the City & County of Denver.
- Northwest Colorado Health: Music instruction programs for underserved youth.
- Music Will (formerly Little Kids Rock): Training programs that reached 318 teachers in more than 50 school districts statewide.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Colorado: Music education programs launched in the Black Canyon, Southern Ute Tribe and San Luis Valley clubs.
Prior to establishing the Grant Program in 2020, Take Note invested more than $250,000 with partners who provided music education programs for underserved youth.
- 2018 School District Program (Aurora, East Otero/La Junta, Fort Morgan, Roaring Fork Valley and Mesa County Valley)
- Youth on Record
- Boys & Girls Club of Weld County
- Northwest Colorado Health
- Woodruff Library - La Junta
- Colorado Music Educators Association
- Denver Public Library District
- High Plains Library District
- Rodarte Community Center - City of Greeley
- Weld School District